13:01
2
Eka drove on until he reached the cottage. Mellisa was standing by the open window. Eka nodded and smiled at Melissa as he drove by.
‘Aren’t you going to stop?’ Mellisa cried. ‘Don’t you want me to ride home with you, Falentino Eka?’
‘I…..I thought you were staying here with your aunt,’ Eka said.
‘This is your aunt’s cottage, isn’t it?’
‘Don’t be stupid, Eka,’ Mellisa replied. ‘Can’t you see I’m wearing my bonnet and jacket? I came to visit my aunt, but I’m on my way home now.’ ‘Well then, you must ride home with me,’ Eka said unhappily. Eka was feeling hot and cold by turns. But he stopped the wagon and waited for Mellisa to come downstairs and get on it.
Then, with Mellisa sitting beside him, Eka drove on toward Pekalongan.
‘This is nice, isn’t it, Eka?’ Mellisa said, in her clear voice. ‘I like riding beside you.’
Eka looked into Mellisa’s lovely eyes.
‘I like riding beside you, ‘he answered.
Why did I ever speak to Farina and Mona about marriage? Eka thought. Mellisa is more beautiful than they are!
‘You’ve arranged everything with Farina, have you?’ Mellisa asked.
‘No…no, I haven’t,’ Eka whispered.
‘What did you say, Eka? Why are you whispering?’ Mellisa asked.
I’ve got a bad throat. I said “I haven’t”,’ Eka repeated.
‘But you have decided to marry Farina?’ Mellisa went on.
‘Well…’ Eka began
Then the young man turned and looked into Mellisa’s eye. He forgot all his promises to Farina and Mona.
‘My sweet Mellisa, ‘ Eka cried, taking Mellisa’s hand in his, ‘I haven’t decided anything!’
There was a noise behind them.
‘What’s that?’ Mellisa said quickly.
‘What?’ Eka said, letting go of Mellisa’s hand.
‘I heard a squeak. It came from those corn-sacks!’ Mellisa cried. ‘Eka, there are mice in this wagon!’ ‘Oh, no, it’s the front wheel, ‘Eka said. ‘It always makes that noise in dry weather.’
‘Oh, I see. Well now, Eka, ‘Mellisa went on. ‘I want you to tell me the truth. Do you really like Farina more than me? You see, I like you very, very much, Eka, ‘Mellisa said. ‘I wouldn’t say no if you asked me to marry you!’
Eka was pleased by Mellisa’s loving words.
‘I haven’t promised Farina, ‘Eka said. ‘I think I can get out of it. Then I’ll ask you to marry me.’
‘You will?’ Mellisa cried. ‘You’ll marry me instead of Farina? How wonderful! Of course I’ll marry you!’
There was a loud, angry squeak behind them. The sacks moved about.
‘There are mice in those sacks!’ Mellisa exclaimed.

To be continue

2 comments:

farinafrica said...

loool.. seems like eka has bunches of offers and girls who like him so much, hihi...
can't wait to read more about it :)

eka said...

Hahahaha......but the end of story He married with Farina