11:24
2

I was born in Pekalongan, Central Java Province, Indonesia and July 11th, 1978. My religion/faith Catholic because I was born from Christian family, maybe if I were born from Muslim family I will be a Muslim and if I were born from Buddhism family I will be Buddhism follower.

I am Christian Catholic, because both of my parents are Christian Catholic. But my grandparents through my father are Moslem.

At that time Indonesia has 5 official religions are there: Islam, Christian Catholic, Christian Protestant, Hindu and Buddha. Since 2000’s Indonesia government added one religion more. Here is Khonghucu/Confucian (Chinese’s belief).

Although Indonesia the most Islam followers in the world, but our father founding of Indonesia based on PANCASILA Ideology.

On the year 1982 to 1985 my family lived near a Great Mosque in my city. At that time one my parent’s neighbor had held “Al-Quran reading practice” Then I with my young sister attended it. When I am a child (3-5 years old) eve had pray to the mosque and climbed the Tower of Great Mosque. Meanwhile every week my family goes to the church. At the church I got many Christian friends. I got “Sunday School” teaches about Christian, Bible, Jesus, Prophets and so on. My baptism name is “Valentino.”

Most of my best friend and friends are Muslim. So I had already very known about Islam.
One day my grandmother from my father gave to me Al-Quran. She asked me, for read that holly book.

In my big family, someone has convert to another religion. She/he Christian convert to Islam and from Islam convert to Christian.

Sometime, I found some in one family has two religions, I mean. Their mother’s faith is Christian than father’s faith is Islam. Then the children split two.

I had already finish read Bible and Al-Quran. And at the past time I had friend the follower of Buddhism. I asked many question to him about Buddha. And I ever had gone to Buddha prayer place/temple (Vihara) three times.
I ever had met my relative who has Hindu (Indian’s religion) and then I read some pages of Hindu’s holly book. It guide people had to be a good person.
Then one day, I ever had met Chinese who have Congfucian religion. Then I knew too about Chinese’s religion. I ever went to Chinese’s temple. In the Chinese’s temple has some statue. The statues represented their GOD and GODDES.

At the last, I ever met some people who not have a religion. I met them through internet. They are living in China mainland. What do you think? How about you, if you meet these people? I though although she/he not has one religion, as far as she/he good in behavior and always gave help to another person, I will still like them.

The final conclusion all religion in this world guide people to be good person and keep faithful to GOD.

I never found one religion give bad guidance to theirs congregation.

As personally, whatever your religion, it do not matter for me. GOD have own plan self to us.

GOD BLESSES YOU.

2 comments:

Mona said...

Really good paragraphs to read ...
Religions ... a very important ...
For me, I'm Muslim ... and I'm proud of it ... Hamdoullah
I am thrilled that Indonesia has a lot of religion and everybody living together without any difficulty or difference ...
For me, my best friends are not Muslim ... and I find no problem with them ... I respect and they respect me also ...
We all have the same God ... the God we met all together ...

Nahla Abdul Rahman said...

mashaa Allah
very good post
for me i do not care about the religion of the person as much as i care about his behavior
i can deal with them.

u know i have a Korean friend here in Egypt and i still do not know her religion
we met and hang out
having fun study
but do not ask about religion

but i see it is a sensitive topic for people in Europe and the world
so i did not ask her.

any way ur family has known the meaning of freedom
every one has his own brain
so he can decide

by the way i was born for a Muslim family
but it is not the reason that i`m a Muslim

when i was 15 years old i decided to believe in Islam

or leave it

so after searching and logical operations
in my brain
and feeling in my heart
i see that i`ll be very happy in Islam ....in this life and after i died